Tuesday, July 29, 2008

365 # 29: Oanh L.

There were four of us in our group. I know we met because we were all theater majors, but I'll be damned if I can recall what it was that actually brought us together to form our little quad. I know there's a stereotype of the typical theater student, and I would certainly never
claim that embodiments of this stereotype don't exist, but the four of us were all so remarkably different from one another. Hell, maybe it was all that difference that made the difference. Whatever it was, it seemed like the four of us hung out all the time for a year or two there.

But enough about the group, what about you? For starters, you were big on keeping people fed. I recall more than one occasion where you had us over at your place to chow down on homemade Vietnamese food. Seeing as how we were in college, this was some of the best eating we did during those days...or at least it was for me.

And I'm rather certain that those trips that the four of us took to Mexico and Florida would not have happened without the aid of your mad organizational skills. You didn't even get upset when the rest of us decided that we wanted to deviate from your carefully crafted itinerary in favor of following the moment. Which was very cool, since in the movies, the bookish organizational character usually gets mad when their plans are thwarted by the non-planning slackerish characters in the group.

And I must say, I don't know whose idea it was originally to throw me that very late surprise birthday party in May (mine's in January), but it seems like the kind of thing you would dream up. So thanks!

No comments: