Wednesday, January 07, 2009

365 # 131: Ryan S.

The play was "The Rapist and the Murderer." Penned by a mutual friend of ours, it consisted of only two characters, which were played by you and I. For weeks, we rehearsed scenes wherein you brutally tortured me in order to force a confession from my lips about a crime that I had committed years ago. Let's see, you tied me to a chair, burned me with an iron, yanked out my fingernails, shattered my elbow with a hammer, cut on me, stabbed me....I think that about covers it. What added to the fun was the fact that once you and I were cast, Brandon went back and changed the names of the characters to Ryan and Travis. So now we were Ryan and Travis, and we were relating to each other as Ryan and Travis whether we were in character or out. And for the icing on the cake, the play was set in the home of the character Travis, and we performed it in the house I was living in at the time. Boundaries....crumbling. In the end, everybody seemed plenty freaked by the images of gore that we presented. Good show.

No comments: