Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Take the baldheads voting, take them voting

So here's something fun and easy you can do with your kids that will make you feel like a Model Citizen: take them with you to vote! Why exactly is it so much fun? Simple: old people. I know, I know, old people have a reputation for usually spoiling everybody's fun, but that's just an unfair characterization. Old people like to have fun as much as anybody else. They like to party. Old people do the humpty-hump...they do the humpty-hump. AND they love to work the polls AND they love cute kiddos. So when you show up at the polls with your wee-uns, you got an instant party on your hands. Hell, they loved Henry so much, they even let him vote.

So take the kiddos voting. It requires practically no effort, and it'll make you feel like you're doing your part to save the world. Just like recycling.

7 comments:

Whit said...

Recycling isn't part of the foreplay but it's still very important.

anthony said...

seriously, best headline ever. I bought that album on vinyl for 3 bucks about 18 months ago. then I gave it away. I am stupid.

Bubblewench said...

Last night there were baldheads on my lawn...

Nice reference.

Good Idea.

Life As I Know It said...

My son made me promise to wait until he got home from school so he could go with me to vote.
And, yes, all the old people there loved the kids...and I felt like a model citizen. A win-win.

Anonymous said...

My son is actually voting for Obama when he "turns 18." I wonder where he got that from?

sybil law said...

Dude.
Old people are no good at everything.
(Kidding! It's a Simpson's quote...)
Seriously - what a good idea!

Anonymous said...

We have actually always taken our daughter to vote. Unfortunately, this has had the side effect that ever since she was 4, she now wants to vote for John Kerry at every election.