Friday, August 10, 2007

And no surprises, please

I like it when the mail brings me things.

I ordered one of those Rockabye Baby CD's, the ones where they take a band and turn a bunch of their songs into lullabies. I was hesitant at first because I figured that it was probably just Some Dude With A Keyboard churning these things out, but I went ahead and got the Radiohead one since so much of their music seems like it would translate well into lullaby format.

Well, I've been listening to it quite a bit. In fact, I've probably spent more time listening to it than Henry has. And while it may well be SDWAK churning these things out, I must say he's doing a pretty nice job of it. Something about it just...lulls me. Like, if you just lean your head back and let your eyes unfocus and just sort of slowly sway your head back and forth with a little smile. Go on try it for a minute. The internets will still be here when you come back, I promise.

Isn't that nice? It's kinda like that. Especially the Karma Police lullaby.

Jesus, I'm babbling over goddamn lullabies. Would you just look at this? I mean really. Fuck's sake.

But yeah, I basically put real Radiohead and lullaby Radiohead on shuffle today and just listened to it most all day. I know they're like one of the biggest bands on the planet and all, but they didn't really come on to my radar until a few years ago. I didn't have anything against them, mind you. They just didn't have the level of brutality that I required my music to have for such a very long time. Thankfully, The Ash came with a complete set of Radiohead CD's.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We have the Nirvana & The Beach Boys ones. Fantastic.

James Grayson said...

I'm right there with you, brother. Wrote this last year about the same stuff. Love those remakes!

http://www.quirkee.com/quirkee-voices/because-i-said-so/i-m-not-old.-the-baby-is-sleeping.html

Whit said...

I saw they have Coldplay also. Isn't that basically the same thing as actual Coldplay?