Thursday, May 17, 2007

Table manners

Years from now when my son is a bit older, if you ever find yourself sitting down to a meal with him, don't be surprised if you notice him looking over and scanning the contents of your plate. Furthermore, be ye not surprised when he uses his fork to motion to a particular item on your plate and asks through a mouthful of food and with just a hint of hope in his voice if you're gonna eat it. Feel free to say yes, yes I am going to eat it. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Henry's latest word is "bite." As in, gimme a bite. As in, hey I see you got food, howsabout sharing a little with your offspring, eh? As in, bite! bite! bite! bite! bite! bite! until a bite is handed over. Other than "no" it may well be his most used word as of late. Kid likes to eat.

6 comments:

Whit said...

the best food is dad's food (or mom's)

Anonymous said...

Interestingly enough Jackson has decided actually saying the word 'no' is more effort than it's worth. He'd rather just shake his head. "Can I have a hug?" (shake, shake) "Are you thirsty?" (shake, shake) "Time for bed, little boy." (shake, shake, run away) He has decided, however, that car and ball are clearly the loudest words in the English language. CAR! CAARR! CAARRR!!!!

Jason said...

Be glad he likes to eat. Our little Miss fifth percentile is take it or leave it on the whole food thing. If that's not enough, if she gets one bite too many, it might all come back up. Nice.

One of her favorite words is 'done' as in 'I don't want to do that'

Anonymous said...

I consider myself very lucky that my boy is the same way, even though the result, last night, was that he ate all of my "babagaNAnoush".

Girlplustwo said...

it never ceases to amaze me how much they can pack away. there was a time when my kid was eating four times what i eat. and dude, i eat.

Anonymous said...

Be happy I'm not around...I taught my nephew the word "heck" the other day and all he goes around saying is, "what the hayyck? what the hayyck?"

Heh.