Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dude, that's so deep

So tonight, the Holmes did something weird and different and attended a theological discussion group held at the campus of the Episcopal Theological Seminary of the Southwest. Crazy enough, I lived right next to that campus for a year of my college life and never noticed it there. Before I continue, let me make it absolutely clear that I am not making fun of any of the people in attendance. But I have to say, the conversation reminded me of a number of dormroom conversations held back in my days at university. You know, the deep kind, with quotes like:

- "Wow, so what if God is like..."

- "To me, heaven is just an imaginary creation made up to keep the masses hopeful in the midst of their suffering"

- "You know in Eastern philosophies, they believe..."

And so on and so forth. The only difference was that in this case, the Holmes was the youngest one in attendance by decades, there were no pungent odors permeating the room, and there was no Pink Floyd, Doors, Jimi Hendrix, or any other classic rock playing in the background.

No comments: