Saturday, June 11, 2005

Baby Tracks

So I got the idea in my head to do a mix CD of music for my baby to listen to while still in utero, and I suppose, after it's born. Probably the most fun mix I've ever made. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to lyrical content for the most part , but more to overall tone and feel, trying to create a good mix of stuff for baby, and maybe some stuff that would possibly sound good in a womb type setting. I had so much fun doing it that it ended up being a two disc set. So here's the track list:

Disc 1:

  • Protection by Massive Attack
  • Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel
  • Whip-smart by Liz Phair
  • Whale & Wasp by Alice in Chains
  • If It Wasn't For You by Handsome Boy Modeling School
  • Stars All Seem to Weep by Beth Orton
  • Une Annee Sans Lumiere by Arcade Fire
  • Little Wing by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
  • Fur Elise by Beethoven
  • Lovage by MF Doom
  • Take My Hand by Dido
  • Porpoise Song by The Monkees
  • Let's Stay Together by Al Green
  • The Rain Song by Led Zeppelin
  • The National Anthem by Radiohead
  • Thirty-three by Smashing Pumpkins
Disc 2:
  • Know Your Chicken by Cibo Matto
  • Rebirth of Slick by Digable Planets
  • We Are All Made of Stars by Moby
  • You Are My Sunshine by Norman Blake (O Brother Where Art Thou Soundtrack)
  • Summertime Rolls by Jane's Addiction
  • Mondo 77 by Film Dialogue (Vanilla Sky Soundtrack)
  • Life By The Drop by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
  • Your Name by Tricky
  • Breakdown by Jack Johnson w/ Handsome Boy Modeling School
  • Umi Says by Mos Def
  • Everything's Not Lost by Coldplay
  • Do You Realize? by the Flaming Lips
  • It's A Fire by Portishead
  • Friction by Morcheeba
  • Svefn-g-englar by Sigur Ros
  • Subterranean Homesick Alien by Radiohead
I hope he or she likes it, or at least some of it. Yay for happy dancing baby!


No comments: