Thursday, May 19, 2005

I hung out with a bunch of devil worshippers last night

Okay not really. Actually I just bopped on down to Emo's to check out a band called Team Sleep. It was a great show and all, but I couldn't help but notice that a lot of people kept throwing up their I found this odd because Team Sleep isn't really kind of music. It'd be like going to a
Radiohead concert and trying to start a moshpit. I suppose it has to do with the fact that the singer is also the singer for the Deftones, which definitely practices a brand of music that one could label as , although I feel it my duty to point out that Deftones is very different from, say, Metallica or Pantera or, going back a bit further, Black Sabbath . Keep in mind though, when speaking with lovers of all things , there's really no need to get into the subtle differences betwixt various forms of . It just goes without saying. The Holmes has definitely been known to toss up a every now and then, but whether getting over- excited in a moshpit or simply expressing appreciation for something, anything, that has that inexplicable quality, I always feel a bit cliche flashing my ...which is fine I guess. In fact, maybe that's why I do it. Maybe that's why everybody does it, a whole bunch of people all in on one big joke. Except I'm guessing there are at least a few diehard types out there who take their very seriously. Probably Norwegian black-metal types. Anyhow. on.

Note. in this context is not affiliated with The University of Texas.

No comments: