Sunday, September 14, 2008

365 # 73: Neil D.

I couldn't help but think of you while watching "In Bruges" a while back. You weren't technically a midget, but you were very much on the short side, and you wore your racism proudly on your shoulder throughout high school. Except you lived in a nice house in the suburbs, so where all this hate came from is a mystery to me. We all thought that the whole yay whitey thing was just a phase that would fade after high school once you got out into the "real world." Sadly, I think we may have been deluding ourselves. The last time I saw you was on a campout one summer during college. I could tell you were about to go off into your rants, so I just asked, "do you really hate people just because of the color of their skin?" You responded "uh, yeah" as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. That officially cemented you as one of the most awful people I've ever known. I hope we never meet again.

No comments: