Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What is up infidels!

So however the play may have gone last Saturday night, the thing that sticks out the most in my memory is not our show, but the after-show show put on by The Arab League. This here be them:They come from the tiny island of Hiphopistan, where there is no oil, but plenty of beats. Before the show, they wandered through the crowd greeting all the guests (what is up, infidels!). It was like Arabian Disneyland, or an Arabian Renaissance fest. I dunno. It inspired lots of bad jokes (the Apple suicide bomber - he uses a JiPod....blogging about the Arab League is an act of JiBlog...yes, awful, I know, but sadly I can't take credit for either of those). Once on stage, it was like some kind of Middle Eastern Public Enemy show. I couldn't stop laughing. They kicked ass, don't get me wrong. I'd totally go see them again, if for nothing else just to witness that yes, this bizarreness is actually taking place in front of me.

No comments: