Wednesday, April 05, 2006

SoaP

I've been really goddamned lucky in my theatrical, um, career (for lack of a better word). I've gotten myself involved with two very cool, very different companies. I've been able to get a lot of my stuff staged and put before actual audiences. Of people. I've been cast in some great plays and even been given some great roles and worked with some very talented people. Some plays were just fun, some required a bit of a deeper dive into myself. This latest play I'm in, from where I'm sitting, is the best of both worlds. A thought provoking piece and a meaty challenging role to boot. And as much fun as I know fluffy pieces of theater can be, I caught myself thinking today that after this, I never wanted to do fluff again.

But that doesn't mean I won't watch the shit out of it. Have you heard about this movie Snakes On A Plane?!?!?! Holy crap, not only did the internet uproar get them to keep that awesome title, they got a line for Samuel L. Jackson added to the film! It's one of those stories that makes you love the internet. Brandon, if you go see this movie without me, I'm setting some snakes loose in your Forester.

No comments: