Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
for those of you who are on here, don't feel any pressure to do it, do it only if you feel like it. You're only getting picked because you have blogs. and I'm curious about you.
2. Zydeco Fish
Then you get to select five people to pass the love on to so they can do this meme, like so:
(well damn, it becomes abundantly clear that I don't know enough people with blogs who also check mine, but here's a try)
4. The Yellowtape Construction dude
5. Shannon from No Shame
What were you doing 10 years ago?
February of 96 saw the young Holmes in his third year at the University of Texas. I had just turned 20 and was pursuing a degree in theater, albeit somewhat aimlessly with little in the way of a goal in mind. I only knew, or felt rather, that theater was the only subject that would keep me motivated to go to classes. I think it was around this time that I started thinking that I might want to write plays. Perhaps if I had it to do over again, with the knowledge that I have now, I would have gone after somethign different, but maybe not. Maybe I would have been less aimless about my studies. Also, I was still a virgin and pissed off about it.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
One year ago, my most recent play, "I Am Alpha" was getting ready to hit the stage at Arts on Real. I was doing sound design for it, which I had never done before, but really wanted to learn…and I think I did a mighty fine job, thanks to my friend Jonathan and his kickass home studio, the makers of SoundForge, and all the free .wav files available out there. Though it came off great, Alpha was plagued by a variety of technical issues that we were working through during the entire run of the show, most of which centered around an inconsistently behaving light board that our brave board op Anna fought valiantly to tame. It was also during the run of Alpha that me and the Ash found out we were gonna be parents...I'll never forget it. I came down from the tech booth during intermission one night, and she was around the corner waiting for me with a big smile. When I hugged her, she whispered it in my ear. That was a great night.
Five snacks you enjoy
1) Wasabi peas
2) Cereal with yogurt
4) Bananas, with or without peanut butter
5) Bagels with cream cheese
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
1) "How I Could Just Kill a Man" - Cypress Hill
2) "Fucking Hostile" - Pantera
3) "The Gambler" - Kenny Rogers…so maybe I don't know all the words to this song, but I probably know more than you do, and plus it gives me the opportunity to tell you about this thing that happened the other night. Me and the Ash were at home chillin' and the TV was on, and this commercial for a Kenny Rogers greatest hits CD came on. Who the hell's still buying CD's off the TeeVee these days? But I realized to my alarm that I could sing along to every single one of the songs that this commercial played! Every single one of them! From "The Gambler" to "Coward of the County" to "Islands in the Stream", I could sing em all. I know I grew up hearing these songs all the time, but it still freaked my shit out. It's about as close to speaking in tongues as I ever care to come.
4) "Flea Fly" - not sure of the author of this little ditty, but it's known primarily only to ex summer camp counselors such as myself and anyone who has ever done a play with me. If you've experienced it, then you know its power.
5) Pretty much anything by Rage Against the Machine, to which I should add that, as much fun as it is to scream "FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHATCHA TELL ME" repeatedly at maximum volume, I find it even more satisfying to create vocal approximations of Tom Morello's guitar solos, which I will also gladly do for any Rage song, much to the annoyance of anyone who is trapped in a vehicle with me at the time.
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Quit my day job - who with a day job wouldn't.
2) Travel the world
3) Write more. Write a LOT more
4) Contribute generously to charitable causes of choice
5) Make sure that not only Henry, but plenty of other kids, have all the educational opportunities I can possibly provide them.
Five things you like doing:
2) Playing with my kiddo
3) Talking shit, preferably over glasses of wine
4) Laughing my ass off
5) Catching a glimpse of the big picture
Five things you would never wear again:
1) Tee-shirts for metal bands. Except wait, I still have a Deftones tee-shirt I wear sometimes. But they're nu-metal, right?
3) Mousse, as in, in my hair
4) A cokenail - I'm kidding!
5) Turtlenecks - in style or out, I've always hated these things and I always will
Five favorite toys: Not really much of a toy guy, but here goes:
1) Our new computer
2) My kid's fingerpuppets that he finds so entertaining. We've got a frog, a panda bear, a duck, a parrot, a moose, and several others. The panda and the frog seem to be his faves.
3) Little Red Riding Hood action figure cuz she's 6 inches of plastic sexiness
4) Digital Camera, because I can get my kid to smile and stuff, but as soon as he sees the camera, he gets the freaked out" what the shit is that?!" look on his face. Which is why most pictures of him look like this:
5) Baby Monitor cuz I can make noises near the transmitter and hear Ash laugh in the other room where the receiver is. That's just great stuff.