Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Dirty 30K

Because I like the idea of large groups of people getting together to participate in a loosely defined activity with only the vaguest of rules to guide them, and because I seem to have shied away from discussing anything even remotely political on this here blog of mine as of late, and because I'll almost certainly need something to write about on that day, I've decided to participate in this here 30000 bloggers thing. The link has all the info, but in short it goes a little something like this:
  1. Send an email to brian@bravehumans.com with the subject: Yop!
  2. In the body of the email list the name of your weblog, and the URL.
  3. Your weblog will be added to the list of participating weblogs.
  4. Tell your friends who blog about it, and urge them to send in their weblog as well.
  5. When the list reaches 30,000, a date and a word will be listed on the page. On that date, every weblog on the list agrees to make a single post with the word as the title. The content of the post should be about what you want for the world, whatever that may be. The purpose is not to make a particular political statement, but simply to make a noise. If 30,000 weblogs all post the same unusual word, it WILL be heard.
Honestly, I detect my naysayer side coming up here. I don't know quite what this can actually hope to accomplish. There is of course no expectation that everyone sing the same tune, only that they sing a song. But really and truly, if the most effort it's asking of me is that I write a blog entry about what I want for the world (wow, I might need to get started now), then I think I can maybe swing that. The true question, I guess, is what more can I do?

1 comment:

Carol said...

Welcome to the Campaign, I am thrilled that you have joined us and thanks for posting it!