Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It seems utterly fucking ridiculous....

...that it's taken *goes back and checks the archives* over two years to get to the point that I could tweet this:


And that's just the first draft. I got tons left to do 'fore I can call this muhfugga Done widda big D. It's like I just crossed the Texas-New Mexico state line on a road trip to California. Or Japan. Of course, part of the reason it took so long is that at least a year of that was me learning the lesson of committing to the project. Maybe other people can dabble at writing something of novel length and get it done, but I am not one of those people. I can put that at the top of the great big list of lessons learned.

I was walking out to my car after work one day last week, thinking about this scene I'd been working on earlier that day, just these two people out in the woods having a quiet conversation, when suddenly, BOOM, those two people in the dark became a whole other way of seeing this story I've been trying to get together. It was there all along, I just had to stick with it long enough to get to where I could see it. My head totally exploded, it was disgusting.

So yeah, tons left to do. This is me, looking forward to the next milestone.

5 comments:

twobusy said...

Fucking. Awesome.

Kevin McKeever said...

Or the delay could have been caused by all that homebrewing/drinking. Just sayin'. Congrats, sir.

Didactic Pirate said...

Many people won't ever write a novel. Ever. You did. And as a bonus, yours is likely to be amazing -- mainly because you're an awesome writer.

So take a deep breath, drink a little... and then you can start revising. Congratulations.

Homemaker Man said...

Congrats man. Totally impressive

Clipping Path said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks.